Monday, March 9, 2009

First month in School

So where do I start....... Well it has taken me so long to write because my computer got stepped on in class and broke the screen, it was a hefty price to get it fixed. But out of the blessing from God a great friend of mine bought me a new Macbook!!! So now that I got a computer I decided to update my life. Like I talked about last time a little bit, I am now heavily involved with Powerhouse (the college age group). I am running the setup team, setting up the foyer of the place where we meet, I am helping out a lot at this University called Maquari under a group called hillsong campus, we are starting a mid-week service there and running connect groups which are small groups of 5 to 15 who get together once a week and talk about life, as well as do life together. I am also part of a Chaplin service on campus called Red Frogs where we go to there parties and hand out water, ice polls, cook them pancakes, and just serve them with the love of GOD!! I am now in full classes, I am taking: personal leadership, mission and culture, public speaking, and old testament. We as well have tutorials for each one which is a smaller setting for going deeper and understanding the lecture more. The Lord is challenging me, blessing me, stretching me, growing me etc.... I am learning so much and being changed so much. God is such a master at when you give it all up to him he takes that and molds you into that man or woman of God he intends for you. In the next month we have our new album recording which is live as well we have Color conference which is for woman. I will be serving heavily at Color conference. I am as well finding some great places for swing dancing, Sydney is huge on Lindy Hop which is a form of swing dancing. Dancing continues to be such a passion for me and I am thinking of actually teaching some dance lessons. Lets see what else mmmmm......... OH!! Some things to be praying for are: there was a huge bush fire (like forest fires but they have bushes not forests) which killed 200 or more and left many more homeless, it was about 8 hours from here. Always keep Hillsong Church in your prayers for there leadership and vision for Pastor Brian Houston. And you can be praying for me as God molds my character, and my life. Thank you all for you generosity of finance, prayer and just all around support. A verse that has been leading my life these last few months has been in 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and love. But the greatest of these is LOVE!!" it just shows that GODs main purpose was to show love to everyone he came in contact with!!

3 comments:

angpange said...

Hey, that's awesome about the computer! ... the new one that is :p glad you've had a good first month of school, and hope the rest of the year goes well! The dancin sounds fun too, esp lindy! back in K-town the guys are tryin to set up a place for some peops from seattle to come teach us lindy so that will be tons a fun! :) we're prayin for ya, take care

bugleum said...

hey bro, how are things, i finally figured out how to communicate with you on this things. hope all is well and we miss you tons. god is great and we will talk soon..the girls say hi. paityn was talking about you the other day. they miss you...god speed

Garren said...

Good to hear what's going on with you across the world. God is so amazing and I seem to learn that more every day every week. Keep decreasing in yourself...and you know the rest of that...