Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Ending of Semester 1

So since I last wrote I have been super busy with: Leading a creative team for the Powerhouse foyer set up and design, Powerhouse lounge after Sunday night service, College assessments etc... But all in all I am loving and enjoying it. To start out you all need to buy Hillsong's new album that just came out called (A_CROSS // The_EARTH: Tear Down the Walls) it was the 2 most bought album on itunes right behind the new eminem album. This album is one of the best (I think) Hillsong has ever put out. So as reciently God has shown me some job oppurtunites that have come up. The main one that I am hoping to get is a window washing job which pays really well and if I get the job the guy whoes place I am filling is gonna give me his car. What a blessing!! Latley I have had a lot of huge assessments due so the last 2 weeks I have been trying to get them all done at which I did get them all done. I have 2 more weeks of college left then 2 weeks of Conference training, after that we have a week of Hillsong Conference which is gonna be off the hook!! There will be anywhere between 20 and 35 thousand people there. Hillsong Conference has been sold out now for 3 months so that would tell me that its kinda popular. I am so excited for the next semester because I am ready to get to different classes, the classes this semester were good but I am just ready for different ones, I am as well excited to see new college students and not be the newbies. God has been really speaking into me alot these past few weeks and I am getting some amazing convictions about life. I am reading my Bible heaps and loving it, I so enjoy Gods word, it has such power just reading a Psalm. I am going through the gospels right now and I love the story of Jesus and all of the amazing miracles he did, as well I love the intimate lessons he taught his disciples. I definitly feel like one of the disciples because I am learning so much, haveing new revelations every week, and experiencing more of Gods heart for his people. A little snipit of one of Hillsong Uniteds new songs (tear down the walls) says: "This life is yours and hope is rising as your glory floods our hearts, let love tear down these walls as all creation will come back to you, its all for you. Your name is glorious, glorious. Your love is changing us calling us, to worship in spirit and in truth, as all creation returns to you." I love this part because it is what God intends for all of us to do. To tear down the walls of hate, unjustice, poverity etc.... with LOVE!! I promise if you buy this album you will not regret it. Let me know if you buy it and what you think of it? Much love from the land down under!! David

2 comments:

Josh Bowers said...

exciting to her what's going on in your life. Miss you man. Thanks for keeping us updated. I want to buy the hilospng album but don't have the funds at the moment. When I get it I'll let you know why I think.

Garren said...

The Word is SO so incredible. I am so amazed over and over again how alive it truly is. The Holy Spirit in us can just make us thrive with a consistent time absorbing the bible and praying.